Aloe Vera is popularly known as ‘medicinal plant’ or ‘plant of immortality’. It is widely grown as ornamental plant. Aloe Vera is native to Egypt and very common to Africa regions. This plant belongs to succulent species. It is steam less plant which stores water in its leaves and survive in low rainfall and dry regions like cacti. Its leaves are thick and fleshy protected by serrated edges green to grey- green in color. It is mainly used in cosmetics and medicines. It is easily grown in houses and used.
Aloe Vera Health benefits:
- Aloe Vera helps in digestion and cleans digestion system.
- It is full of anti-oxidants which help to fight free radicals in the human body.
- It has anti- obesity effect.
- Two hormones found in aloe namely; Axim and Gibberellins has wound healing properties.
- It helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- It aids acidity inflammation and intestinal ulcers.
- Aloe Vera helps to maintain healthy body.
- Aloe Vera juice increases energy level and maintains a healthy body weight .It also stimulates the metabolism.
- It has anti- ageing properties therefore provides a younger skin.
- It improves blood glucose levels in diabetes.
- It also reduces blood lipids in hyper lipidaemic patients also with acute hepatitis (liver diseases).
Aloe Vera Skin benefits:
- Aloe Vera is anti – allergic therefore helps in treatment of viscous skin diseases.
- Its helps in curing blisters, insects bites and so on.
- Its face packs are very effective for sensitive skin.
- It removes acne, inflammation and redness of the skin.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel on face provides smooth skin.
- It is useful in hair loss treatment. The proteolitic enzymes present in aloe promote hair growth.
- It eliminates scalp problems like itchy scalp, dry scalp, and redness and inflammation of the scalp.
- It is used to soothe and moisture scalp and remove dandruff.
- It refreshes and provides cooling effect to the scalp.
- It also acts as conditioner provides shine and lustre to the hairs.
- Protein found in aloe maintain the health of hair and repairs damaged hair in very short time.
- It also cures male baldness.
- Aloe Vera extract is used in the dilution of semen for the artificial fertilization of sheep.
- It is also used as food preservative.
- It is used in water conservation in small farms.