Banana The Nutritious Fruit
Banana is an edible fruit of genus Musa. It belongs to the herbaceous flowering plant family. Most of the cultivated bananas are with scientific name Musa paradisiaca. It is native to Indomalaya and Australia. It is grown worldwide in at least 107 countries mainly as food material than to make fibre, banana beer, banana wine and as ornamental plants. It is the cheapest fruit i.e. easily available around whole year. Bananas used for cooking are usually referred to plantains.
Banana Banana fibre
World top ten banana producing countries are India, Uganda, China, Philippines, Brazil, Indonesia, Ecuador, Cameroon, Colombia and Tanzania. India is the leading producers of banana which produces about 20% of the world production. In India Tamil Nadu is the largest producer of banana followed by Gujarat.
Banana varieties found in India:
Types of banana found in India:
Nutrients present in banana:
This fruit contains vitamins A, B, C and E. It is rich in minerals like potassium, zinc, iron, magnesium and manganese. It also contains dietary fibres, biotin, carbohydrates and riboflavin.
Banana Health benefits :
- It is an energy booster that’s why it is excellent breakfast.
- Banana is rich in potassium which is very helpful for diabetes patients.
- The fibre quantity in banana is much more enough. It helps in digestion process.
- Banana is helpful for ulcer patients also.
- Iron is also found in banana which increases haemoglobin in blood. Therefore, it is good for anaemic patients as it regulates haemoglobin level.
- This fruit helps in reducing stress.
- It improves nerve function and helps in keeping mental faculty vigil and increasing learning abilities.
- The amino acid present in banana provides mood relaxation.
- Banana is effective for heart patient. It makes heart strong and keeps away from heart diseases.
- It provides relief from heartburn.
- Banana also helps in increasing body weight.
- There are minerals and vitamins present in banana which is very helpful in child’s development.
- It also helps to recover from nicotine addiction.
- Banana peel and pulp is anti-fungal and anti-biotic.
Skin benefits of Banana:
- Banana can cure allergies, bruises, mosquito bites, skin irritation, warts, treating acne, and wrinkles.
- It moisturizes skin and provides a glowing skin.
- It prevents anti- ageing.
- It makes skin wrinkles free.
- It is used as skin scrubs and face packs to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Banana is helpful in hair loss treatment too. Yogurt with banana pulp when applied like paste on hairs serves the purpose.
- It removes dryness from hair when applied with honey.
- It acts as moisturizer the hair and repairs damages.
Ways to eat banana:
The best and easy way to eat banana by peeling it off eat. Others ways are by making its chips, breads and muffins, ice-cream, smoothies and banana pie and pudding. It is very delicious and beneficial to drink banana shake. Bananas in its raw state can be cooked and eaten.
Banana- cream pie
Banana bread muffins
Banana ice cream