Pasta is a traditional Italian dish and now very popular in India. Name of the dish is simple but there is more versatility in it. Pasta is divided in two categories namely fresh pasta and dried pasta. It is available in different sizes and shapes. Lasagna, spaghetti, shells, elbow macaroni, rotini, penne are some common varieties. In any pasta recipe sauce is the major components. Pasta is served as first course dish or main course dish. It is also served as salad including fruits and vegetables.
Here we share a simple pasta recipe that do not require much ingredients and easy to cook. It is basically Indian pasta recipe. Pasta here used is elbow pasta.
Simple Pasta recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cumin seeds
- Pasta (100 gm)
- Turmeric 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tablespoon
- chopped onions
- 1 mashed tomato
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt, according to taste
- Boil some water in a deep pan and add pasta and salt to the water.
- Cook for few minutes until it gets soft and firm.
- Then drain the water.
- Now heat some oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds to it.
- Saute the onions till golden brown.
- Then add tomato, turmeric, red chilli and saute it.
- Add pasta to it and mix it well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.